ITC-ILO, in partnership with the research institutes COMPAS Oxford and FIERI, will be implementing the training academy on migrant integration in Europe (EU-MIA). The aim is to reinforce integration capacities in European cities by using existing knowledge and networks in order to establish dynamic and operational connections between researchers, practitioners and training institutions.
The training academy is taking place within the context of a project that has been structured in three phases: (1) background research to create a repertoire of promising practices in the field of integration at local level, (2) field missions in cities where a total of ten selected functioning practices have been analysed in depth, and (3) the development of a cooperative learning kit to be delivered in a structured training activity which targets and directly involves public officials and local stakeholders.
This training academy is thus the final phase of the project and will contribute to improve the capacity of key actors in the field of integration at city and neighbourhood levels through the presentation of the ten functioning practices and the sharing of knowledge and experience among practitioners and experts.
The ten functioning practices are:
• Barcelona (Spain) Xarxa BCN Anti-Rumors (Network against “rumours”)
• Bilbao (Spain) Programa Mujeres, Salud y Violencia (Women’s Health in Women’s Hands)
• Hamburg (Germany) Eltern vor Ort (Parents on the spot)
• Reggio Emilia (Italy) Spotello per l’assistenza familiare (Family Assistance Desk)
• Turin (Italy) Rete delle Case del quartiere (Network of Neighbourhood Houses)
• Vejle (Denmark) Dansk Simulator (Danish Simulator)
• Vienna (Austria) Gelebte Divärsität (Lived Diversity)
• Visby (Sweden) Demokrati För Barns Framtid (Democracy for Children’s Future)
To apply [click here].
To download the flyer [click here].
To contact us [click here].
For more information on the project, [click here].
For more details on the learning methodology, [click here].